Cleaning Tips & Suggestions
Cleaning products that are made from natural ingredients may require a little more elbow grease and patience, but the benefits a well worth it. Breathing while you clean is such a freeing feeling. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. It is my pleasure to share my products and cleaning techniques with you. Have fun and enjoy this process.
Spray Gracefully Clean All Purpose Cleaner onto surface; if food has cooked on, allow to soak in, in order to better lift the soil. With more burnt on food residue, sprinkle Gracefully Clean Non Abrasive Scrub onto surface and rub with a nonabrasive cloth (micro fiber) and/or add a some Gracefully Clean All Purpose Cleaner to create a paste. Work into area. Rinse with either Gracefully Clean Glass Cleaner or water, polish dry.
Glass Stove Tops
Always check your appliance manual first. If you do not have the recommended cleaners and or/razor, do a spot test in a small area, then spray Gracefully Clean All Purpose Cleaner onto surface. If food has cooked on, allow to soak in order to better lift the cooked on food residue. Wipe. Assess cooked-on stains. If all the dirt has come off with this first step, then polish with Gracefully Clean Glass Cleaner.
If you find you have baked/burned on food, sprinkle Gracefully Clean Non Abrasive Scrub on stained area. Spray Gracefully Clean All Purpose Cleaner to create a very dry paste. Your objective is to create a friction by rubbing with the paste solution and your non-abrasive microfiber cloth. If you feel it is too dry, add a little more Gracefully Clean All Purpose Cleaner. Use the recommended razor at the appropriate angle (explained in your manual), for deeply burnt on food stains. Rinse. Repeat until you are satisfied.
Spray Gracefully Clean All Purpose Cleaner; wipe down using suggested microfiber cloth.
For porcelain or ceramic sinks, if the stain persists after soaking and scrubbing, rinse the sink completely, place paper towel on bottom surface of sink or stained area and saturate with hydrogen peroxide (follow safety directions on the hydrogen peroxide bottle). Let soak for at least a half hour.
Mineral Build-Up around Sink Faucets and Drains
Spray with Gracefully Clean All Purpose Cleaner, work on greasy build up, and rinse.
Use ¼ cup Gracefully Clean All Purpose Cleaner in a 5 gallon bucket of water. Pre-treat stains by spraying Gracefully Clean All Purpose Cleaner directly on area, then wash complete floor, rinse…or…use the full strength Gracefully Clean Glass Cleaner for a quick clean up wash.
Spray Gracefully Clean All Purpose Cleaner into coffee pot, rub into surface and let sit. Rinse.
If you have mineral build-up in your coffee pot from not cleaning regularly, spray with Gracefully Clean Minerals, Mold & More and use some Gracefully Clean Non Abrasive Scrub with your microfiber cloth. Soak, scrub, rinse, wash, and dry.
Pots and Pans
To clean pots and pans, first use the Gracefully Clean All Purpose Cleaner to remove the grease and cooked on food: remember to make a paste using the Gracefully Clean Non Abrasive Scrub mixed with the Gracefully Clean All Purpose Cleaner for extra tough soil.
If your metal pots need a bit of polish, make a paste from the Gracefully Clean Minerals, Mold & More and Gracefully Clean Non Abrasive Scrub. Rub on, let sit, and scrub with your microfiber cloth or your favorite cleaning tools. Rinse and shine.
Glass in the kitchen
For any glass in the kitchen (i.e., microwave fronts, cupboard doors, oven glass, etc.) use Gracefully Clean Glass Cleaner.
Use Gracefully Clean Minerals, Mold & More for mineral or mildew build up along with the scrub and a brush on grout. Rinse.
Glass Shower Walls and Doors
Apply Gracefully Clean Minerals, Mold & More and Gracefully Clean Non Abrasive Scrub to the glass use a nonabrasive micro fiber cloth, scrub in and let soak for a while. Rinse. If the residue does not come out the first time, retry. This residue is very stubborn because the hot water seals it on to the glass. Apply Gracefully Clean Glass Cleaner, and use a squeegee to take the water off the shower walls. Spot dry with paper towels for a polished non streaked finish.
For very tough stains and mineral build up, you will need to:
- Empty the toilet bowl by pouring a bucket of water into bowl and do not flush.
- Make a paste solution of Gracefully Clean Minerals, Mold & More and Gracefully Clean Non Abrasive Scrub
- Try using a microfiber cloth – non-abrasive or your preferred cleaning tool.
- A pumice stone (spot test and check for scratching on your toilet finish before proceeding). Read package directions and ask someone who has used one if you have questions before trying this. Only use on mineral build up. Apply paste to pumice and gently rub on mineral ring ONLY! Feel free to call me.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – for whitening and disinfecting (read bottle information and instructions) and follow the safety precautions before using.
- Making a toilet go from dingy to shiny is so satisfying and really adds to the cleaning satisfaction of your bathroom.
- Rinse and repeat. If it is stubborn, just be patient. Some of my client’s toilets have taken a few weeks. It’s a gentle yet effective way of taking care of you and your home.
Urine Around the Toilet Base
On wet urine around the base of your toilet use the Gracefully Clean All Purpose Cleaner, soak, wipe up and rinse.
On dried urine around the toilet base use Gracefully Clean Minerals, Mold & More Cleaner, soak, wipe up excess, then treat with Gracefully Clean All Purpose Cleaner. Rinse & Wipe dry.
Use Gracefully Clean Glass Cleaner just as you would any other.
Use Gracefully Clean Glass Cleaner as you would any other glass cleaner.
Blood & Wine
Immediately immerse blood stain in cold water, then spray with Gracefully Clean All Purpose Cleaner. Work into the fabric and let soak. Follow the directions for Baby Stains solution and soak item in this if your blood stain does not immediately come out. Always spot test first. Wash. If the stain is not out after washing, do not put in dryer. Repeat the stain removal process again.
Baby Diaper & General Stains
Spray with your Gracefully Clean All Purpose Cleaner. Then prepare the following solution in a container:
- ½ cup detergent
- ½ cup borax/Washing Soda(your preference)
Add cold water to make a concentrated solution for soaking. Experiment with soaking time; stains are different. If the garment is white, and the stain is not out completely, use hydrogen peroxide to further remove the stain.
Pet Urine Stains
There are two types of pet urine stains;
- Wet urine treatment: Spray Gracefully Clean All Purpose Cleaner . If stain is on a carpet and has not gone through to the floor put a protective barrier between the carpet and the floor before using the All Purpose Cleaner. Blot up excess liquid. Rinse with a wet cloth to pick up any extra residue.
- Dried urine treatment: Gracefully Clean Minerals, Mold & More is what is initially needed.
Then use Gracefully Clean All Purpose Cleaner . (Both cleaners are needed to help remove urine). Blot up excess liquid. Rinse with a wet cloth to pick up any extra residue.